You are on a budget and you want to get yourself an Onboard Diagnostics 2 (OBD2) scan tool. I’ve got you covered in this article. I’ve done the heavy lifting of research for you and here you will discover the best OBD2 scanner under 1000 dollars.
OBD2 scanners are better scanners than OBD1 scanners. They are built with more features and functionalities to give you a seamless diagnosing and repairing experience.
Below you will discover the best OBD2 scanner under 1000 dollars. Keep reading.
Disclosure: we may get a commission from qualifying purchases made through affiliate links in this post but at no additional cost to you.
Best OBD2 Scanner Under 1000: Top 6
1. LAUNCH X431
It’s an awesome feeling being able to diagnose your vehicle with a Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool. You don’t have to worry about connecting the tool to your car with a cord which can make you uncomfortable. This awesome experience is what Launch X431 V8 OBD2 scan tool gives you when you have one.
It is an easy to use multilingual OBD2 scan tool with an android operating system.
- Supports Engine Control Unit (ECU) coding, enabling your vehicle for new functions
- Has 11 kinds of special reset service functions: oil reset, EPB reset, ABS bleeding, injector coding, and more.
- It comes with an android operating system, making its use easy just like your android device.
- Touch screen
- Long lasting battery
- Rear camera
- This scanner has a multilingual function
- Works on about 69 car brands and 220 car models around the world
- It can read DTCs and data streams for all systems like transmission, engine, fuel system, emission system, body, power train and more.
- Supports different vehicle makes and models but doesn’t support Lamborghini.
Thinkcar OBD2 scanner is a device that gives you an excellent vehicle diagnosing experience, saving you precious time and effort of guess work. It is a scan tool that easily reads and erases error codes on your vehicle among a host of other awesome features. If you’re looking for the best OBD2 scanner under 1000 dollars, this might be a great option for you.
- Has up to 28 service functions
- Pulls vehicle information easily
- 4850mAh battery for longer period of use
- Wifi enabled with 7 inches touch screen
- It has a diagnostic report thermal printer
- You can use this device to reprogram your car for new functions with the inbuilt ECU coding function.
- Reads and clears codes for all available systems
- Easily and quickly diagnoses your vehicle faults and print a diagnostic report as this device comes with a diagnostic report thermal printer.
- Only works for vehicles made from 1996 till now
This device is a wireless scan tool that gives you a stunning and an impressive car diagnosing and repairing experience with all the incredible inbuilt features. 2019 Newest Autel Maxicom MK808BT OBD2 scanner can be used by both mechanics and just anybody without a prior technical experience who wants to self diagnose or repair their vehicles.
- Has 21 service functions
- Durable 5000mAh battery for longer period of use
- 7 inch led touch screen display
- Runs on android operating system
- Connects to your car wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Automatically identifies your vehicle through the inbuilt auto VIN function
- It works on almost all vehicles made from 1996 till now
- And so much more…
- You get only one year of free software update
Xtuner T1 OBD2 Scanner is a spectacular diagnostic tool specially designed for light trucks, heavy duty trucks, buses and excavators. It supports a fairly wide range of truck makes and models with a multilingual functionality. Xtuner T1 reads and clears trouble codes, has a data stream feature and many more.
- It is built with overvoltage protection to protect it from power surges.
- Can read codes and also clear them
- It also pulls vehicle ECU information
- Reads freeze frame data
- And many more features…
- You get two (2) years warranty when you buy
- Supports over 30 vehicle system diagnoses.
- And so on…
- It has a software that might not be easy to work around
- Only works on diesel trucks
Foxwell GT60 OBD2 Automotive scanner is a full system car diagnostic tool for detecting faults and their causes in vehicles. Its ability to read trouble codes, clear them, and maintain your car easily makes this scan tool spectacular and unique.
It can be used by any car owner or mechanic. This tool makes it easy to repair your vehicle by yourself by simply scanning for faults and getting a detailed description of the fault.
- Automatically identifies your vehicle information
- Supports 11 service reset functions
- It also supports multiple languages
- Full system diagnosis
- And more…
- 18 months free software update
- 1 year warranty upon purchase
- And many more…
OBDPROG M500 is an impressive car diagnostic tool that gives you excellent variety of car diagnostic functions like oil service reset, and many others. It also has the ability to read trouble codes and also erase them completely from your vehicle.
Its handling is simple. It can be used by anyone for personal use or by mechanics and technicians for professional use. This is also an affordable best OBD2 scanner under 1000 dollars.
- Odometer mileage correction
- Oil service reset
- Reads and displays live data stream
- It supports a wide range of vehicle makes and models from 1996 till now
- And lots more…
- 1 year free update
- 2 years warranty
- And more…
- It is not as portable as other OBD2 scanners
- Supports only four languages, having English as its default.